Well what better way to commit to doing something than post it on the web! Today I started working out again. It has been a very long time since I last worked out and I am going on record and sharing with supporters my dream of getting into shape and quitting smoking. My personal challenge page is only open to people who contact me and want the inside scoop on my goal of losing weight, getting into shape and quitting smoking. This is not going to be easy but I figure if I put up a private page and post the start ( today 4/12/2015 ) and get a few people who are here for me to encourage my efforts I might just get a killer body by July! Wish me luck and if you want access to the page just send an email to john <at> askjohn.com with the subject my personal challenge!
- Torelli and the Fuse “Sell Fish” singleWell we got a very interesting sonic treat today from an artist that goes by the name Torelli and the Fuse titled “Sell Fish”. This artist is quite prolific and you must check out his many songs on soundcloud and bandcamp. All of his songs feature excellent production and… ... read more
- Neon Heart “Sunshine” singleCheckout this rendition of “Sunshine” by Neon Heart! It is quite the modern take on an old classic song! The simplicity of the song is transformed with wonderful vocals and an amazingly developed track! This one is a must for any serious audiophile! https://soundcloud.com/weareneonheart/you-are-my-sunshine NÉONHÈART www.facebook.com/neonheartbandofficial www.soundcloud.com/weareneonheart… ... read more
- Exclusive Interview: Samie BisasoVCT: Samie it is great to finally get to interview you. Your latest single “Million Pieces” is quite refreshing. Do you want to tell me how this all came about? Samie: Beginning with a pieces of music starts as an idea,of wanting to communicate something!Writing a song is like waiting… ... read more
- Aminita Satori “Where Language Fails”Aminita Satori just sent us over her 20 track album and we’ve been checking it out over the past few days and are mesmerized by its beautiful arrangements in all the songs. It captures an alluring and mysterious artist that is Aminita and the album packs production that is… ... read more
- Kae Hache “Strong” singleGot a hot new single from an artist by the name of Kae Hache titled “Strong”. This one is the real deal pumping good. You have to checkout Kae’s video below and connect with her now! http://www.vevo.com/watch/kae-hache/STRONG/QMGR31506023 https://www.facebook.com/KaeHache https://twitter.com/KaeHache ... read more
- The Bull #WordplayWednesday mixtape EPWe got a mixtape from an artist by the name of “The Bull” that is the real deal. This mixtape EP is packed with great arrangements and fresh raps. You have to check it out! ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/thebull703 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBull703 Twiter: https://twitter.com/The_Real_Bull ... read more
- Manett “Stigma-Style” EP
- Exclusive Interview: Mercury and the ArchitectsVCT: It is great to finally get an interview with you two. I really enjoy your approach to making music and feel that the art of music making has disappeared, why do you think this is the case? Well I don’t think think it necessarily has disappeared as there… ... read more
- Ismael SedaYou have to give Ismael Seda a listen, this singer/songwriter really knows how to put in his heart and soul into every track! Check him out! http://www.reverbnation.com/ismaelseda/songs https://soundcloud.com/ismael-seda https://ismaelseda.bandcamp.com/album/dark-blue-ep https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5N-r0NknzmjZYOYd3A2Raw/videos https://www.facebook.com/IsmaelSedaMu ... read more
- F.O.C.U.S. “Hello To The Game” singlehttp://verycooltunes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/F.O.C.U.S.-Hello-Ft.-Leto-Beats-Prod.-Leto-Beats.mp3 F.O.C.U.S. just sent over a hot track “Hello To The Game” it is raw and real. Check it out! https://twitter.com/FdotMUZIK www.facebook.com/focus813 www.soundcloud.com/focus @OnlyOnDUC @FdotMuzik ... read more
- Exclusive Interview: J MetroVCT: It is great to finally sit down and interview you before we get started is there anything you want to say to your fans about 2015? 2015 will be a busy year for J Metro, and you will hear more, and see more from me! VCT: Your style is quite… ... read more
- Red MondayWe have been a fan of Red Monday since getting turned onto them a few months back. You must check out their music, it will rock you and roll you like never before! Red Monday ITunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/red-monday/id893445639?uo=4 YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmpwtoTsiBs5e_tUtSHEIkg https://youtu.be/n2ILKHPeli0?list=UUmpwtoTsiBs5e_tUtSHEIkg https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Monday-Music/772889772755543 https://twitter.com/RedMondayMusic ... read more
- Dylan Tauber “Near Death Experience”Got a great new album from Dylan Tauber titled “Near Death Experience”. This album contains tracks that you will want to play over and over and then over again! It is a must for any serious audiophile! Check it out!http://swstudios.net/music/NDE http://www.DylanTauber.com http://swstudios.net/music/IntoTheLight.mp3 ... read more
- Ricky Lance “Paradise” Ft. Taylor Bennett (Prod. JBEATZ)Got a hot new track from Ricky Lance titled “Paradise” and this one must be checked out… The production and Ricky’s style make this one a keeper! Check it out! ... read more
- Kataztrofee “Der She Go”Oh yeah this single from Kataztrofee titled “Der She Go” is the real deal! This one is packed with energy and will get you pumping on the dance floor. You must pick this one up and share this post! Check it out! “Der She Goes” – What… ... read more
Some artists view their creations as nurtured babies I prefer to view my compositions and art as sperm fertilizing the imaginations of those who are brave enough to experience my passion. – AskJohn.com
I wish I would have heard about it more earlier but I am glad some of my friends got me to checkout the new Cosmos series. I’ve only caught one or two so far and have to say it is outstanding! I hope they have it on youtube for those of us who consciously decided years ago to turn off the TV. What a great show… Bravo!
So if you are interested in reading some cool things I wrote about the future many of which were stolen by some over the past few years check out my blog started in 2011. Here is 2040s.com , please post if you are so inspired.
In my life I have taken the path to “Cultivate my own garden” struggling to learn new skills and refining hobbies that have turned into professions all the while asking for help along the way when needed. It is always best to rely on yourself first yet when faced with a challenge that you just can’t get through turn to others for assistance. There is ALWAYS someone there. ALWAYS. No matter how dark it gets no matter how hard it is to motivate yourself to do something just visualize lifting yourself up and getting better. You will in due time. I know it is hard to realize it but even if it takes a very long time small steps are the best way to a long journey and you need to always start small. If your only task is getting up out of bed, brushing your teeth and making a nice meal of scrambled eggs with turkey bacon sobeit. You did something. If you only got out of bed and skipped the brushing your teeth and nice nutritious meal that’s great too. I have been in many places up, down and everywhere in between and know how difficult it is to motivate yourself to do something. What I have learned is just try something new like a nice walk near a pond saying hi to all the beauty of mother nature, slowly walk down a bustling noisy street in some big city, lay down at a warm sunny beach somewhere in this beautiful place we named earth or cuddle up and watch a good happy movie or read an uplifting book. Whatever it is just do it and you will thank yourself all the more and be able to do it more regularly the more you try it. Wishing you a great day filled with great new experiences!
To expand and grow your minds’ eye is one of the greatest gifts and challenges in life. Take each day as a new opportunity to grow its perspective. Have meaningful conversations and listen carefully to everyone’s sliver of reality sharing hope and joy with advice and good humor all the while engaging in the struggles we all must face.